Ultra-Trail Marathon nearby Almaty
Highlights of this 6-day program including the Ultra-Trail Event nearby Almaty:
– running in the steppe landscape of Kazakhstan
– acquaintance with the cosmopolitan city of Almaty and the high mountains nearby
– experience the festivities on Victory Day (9 May)
For the fifth time, an Ultra-Trail Running Event will be held near Almaty (about 90 km from the city), on May 10-11, 2019. The 70 km trail event takes place one day later, on May 11-12. The entire program will move one day if you choose to participate in this longest distance!
We offer you a package holiday including excursions in Almaty on 9 and 12 May. Including the international flights on 8 and 13 May, the trip takes six days.
You can register for distances of 15, 35 and 70 km, in the age categories 18-35, 36-50, 51-60 and 61+ years, for both men and women.
Day 1, May 8
Flight to Almaty
Day 2, May 9
Arrival in the early morning and transfer to a 3* hotel in Almaty. Breakfast and rest.
From 11 AM excursion in the city, including visits to Park Panfilow and the Zenkow Cathedral, the Green Bazar, Central Museum and other places if time permits. Victory Day celebrations in the whole of the former USSR including Kazakhstan make strolling in Almaty very interesting today!
Day 3, May 10
Start of the running event, for which you visited Almaty in the first place. Program, after breakfast in your hotel:
12:00 – registration for the race, getting the start numbers
13:00 – acquainted with the terrain
19:00 – registration is closed
19:10 – the beginning of the briefing,
20:00 – dinner
21:00 – opening of the Marathon, the show program “The Spirit of Tengri”
22:30 – general retreat
Dag 4, May 11
Day of the Race
04:30 – breakfast
06:00 – start “Trail” category (35 km) and the “Ultra” (70 km)
09:00 – start category “Sprint” (10 km)
13-00 – control time at the end of the 10 km and 35 km
14:00 – lunch
18:00 – control time at the end of 70 km
19:00 – rewarding
20:30 – return to the city of Almaty and transfer to hotel Astana International
Day 5, May 12
In the morning leisure time and and in the afternoon excursion to Big Almaty Lake at 28 kms from Almaty over an adventurous road. Lunch box included.
Transfer back to the hotel.
Day 6, May 13
At two people the cost of this program is €675 per person, at four persons €535 p.p. and when we can combine 10 persons to form a group the cost will be €420 p.p. Please write to us for other group sizes.
Included in the offer are:
– four nights of accommodation in a 3* hotel in Almaty on May 5 and 7-9, on the basis of bed & breakfast and in double rooms and including an early check-in on May 5th.
– one night of accommodation in a tent in the Tamgaly Valley on May 6th, where the running will take place. Included are the rent of tent, sleeping bag and mat
– three meals a day on May 6-7
– transfers airport-hotel-airport in Almaty, plus hotel-Tamgaly Valley – hotel
– two days of excursions in and around Almaty as described in the program, with local, English speaking guidance
Not included are the international flight tickets to and from Almaty, the remaining lunches & dinners, registration for the event (depending on distance run and from USD 35-65) and services not mentioned in the program.
Finally we will withhold €15 per booking for the Dutch GGTO Travel Guarantee Fund.